MEMORIALS & CELEBRATIONS OF LIFE
“Our family can never thank you enough for officiating at our mother’s service. You captured our sentiments perfectly. We all appreciate you so much. Thank you!”
I hold a profound belief that everyone’s life deserves to be honored and celebrated. I am truly honored when asked to create a distinct celebration for those who have made a profound impact on our lives and in the community.
My memorials and celebrations of life come from a place of grace and creative expression that have the ability to uphold and support those who are grieving. Working in respectful collaboration, I strive to design meaningful services that offer joy-filled evidence that one has lived.
We may not all have been afforded the luxury of fame so that we are remembered by the masses. But each of us has a unique human spirit that I hope to access in order to foster an insightful and lasting memory in the hearts of those who remain.
In addition to memorials and celebrations of life, I offer pet celebrations of life. Please call me to discuss your individual needs. 503.310.7832.
Each ceremony includes:
* If the honoree is currently on a hospice program, a private meeting with him/her to discuss how he/she would like to be remembered. Through gentle conversation, I seek to understand the impact he/she has made on the lives of friends and family and on the landscape of their community. I also use this time to discover any specific ritual or traditions desired into his/her ceremony.
* If the honoree has passed, I hold a private meeting with friends, family and other loved ones to uncover the honoree’s personality, his or her life’s story and the beauty of that individual that made him/her special.
* I work with the honoree and/or family to create a thoughtful remembrance that is distinct and reflective of the honoree.
* If specific religious ritual is requested, I will work with the family to include members of clergy or other persons to include this aspect.
* Honoree/family to have complete and final say over ceremony.
* A commemorative copy of the ceremony.